Monday, July 25, 2011

Monday----Day One of Captain position

Monday Monday....first day of Captain McQuary's position at Lynaugh Unit, Fort Stockton, Tx. Overall, he had a good day, a little bored he said. But I think that is normal in any new position until you get acclimated. He did run into two inmates he knew from Hightower and found out he has to pull some shift work from time to time. He shares an office with a council substitute, that person wasn't there today. Day one down and many more to come and lots of learning to do.

On the home front, we got DISH installed today. So we can at least watch TV while we sweat our butts off. Lindsey and I went out looking for the post office and found historic downtown Fort Stockton. We took pictures of the old jail, the oldest house and some other places. We went to the Comanche Tortilla and Tamale Factory. Got us some awesome tortillas and beef tamales. The real estate company sent over an AC repair man. No go on repair for today, he had to order a new blower motor for us. He advised he would have that done tomorrow. I felt like telling him, come let me show you what its like here with no AC, as I turn the oven on 400 and asked him to stick his head in there and then said....Tomorrow will be fine. So if your wondering how hot it is in this house follow the above example. Of course, those of you in the Houston area will need to take some hot misty water and spray your face as you place your head in the oven. Thank God for no humidity here, or it would be completely unbearable.

Overall, we had a great day today. Hoping for cold AC and more good days to follow.

I promise I will load pics as soon as I have internet on my desktop.

Stay tuned for more Desert Dwellers excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment